Daisypath Friendship tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Friendship tickers

Monday, March 31, 2014

Project 219: Day 39 - When Spring is hiding... start the cleaning anyways!! (part 10)

Saturday
 
Slept very well the night before and was well rested to teach Zumba in the morning
However to my surprise the church hall was full of scouting activities
Luckily we had an hour window of free time to use the gym and had the space we needed
I was excited to teach 3 new Zumba choreographies. 
It feels good to refresh.
This is part of my cleaning up.... New and Refreshed dances!

Something sad yet funny happened while shopping on Friday.

Im now reminded of how I used to hate clothes shopping locally at the malls and that's probably a good reason why online shopping became an addictive hobby quickly.
Here's my pet peeves about shopping
1. It's time consuming and very difficult to shop in the winter with the coat and excess clothings hanging on you and having to move from one department store to the next. It's a flippin workout!

2. I hate it when the saleslady comes and bothers me. Once a sales girl came to help (or so she thought) but instead was very rude and insulting. I told her how i don't like shopping because I didn't like how I looked when I tried the clothes on. She answered with: "Well it's probably because you don't know how to accessorize". Yes it was true but did she have to be so mean?

3. I hated that I couldn't fit in a smaller size. For the longest time I was a size 12 and sometimes I'd get lucky and pass for a size 10 at times depending on how the clothing is made. Being an Asian and going to so many parties seeing all these petite frames just made things feel worse. I felt obese!!!
 So it was no fun shopping trying to fit into these clothes. It felt more of a chore and I really didn't enjoy it. The only thing comfortable back then was casual clothes like sweats and big sweaters.

So looking back, it was hell trying to shop and trying to look good in these outfits.

It's only since 2008 that I saw a glimpse of my potential body again. Then I went into the yo-yo mode and tried to get back into that feel-good shape again.
2011 came around and it was going to be the beginning of a fat-girl's journey's end.
So I've kept it off for over 3 yrs. there are times when I would go up the scale but I know how to immediately release the weight again. 
It's become a new lifestyle and mindset to stay fit and healthy. 






People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment